Friday, July 30, 2010

Step It Up

Once upon a time, I would go to any lengths to suffer for fashion. When it came to shoes, it was always the higher the heel, the better. That was 10 years, 3 sons and *cough, shudder, choke* 20 pounds ago. Girl, I could strut all day AND dance all night in those 4-inch heels like nobody’s business!

Now, my reality is those Come Hither Heels only get used for date nights and special occasions. After deciding to go Supermom mode when my first son was born, my shoe closet underwent a total makeover. I don’t know about you, but running around after a yaya-less toddler is no easy feat in heels.
 
So I went all sneaker crazy and practically lived in sneakers. Those years of balancing on sky-high heels helped me really appreciate the comfort of sneakers! Comfy and effortless. Effortless being the key word. Once you stop putting effort into the way you dress...well, let’s just say Sweat Suit Momma BEWARE!

 

And so when my wise fashionista guru Bolso Babe Rorie said, “Life’s too short to be in jeans and sneakers everyday” (or something like that), I got out of my uniform of jeans, polos and sneaks. I’m getting too old to be in sneakers all the time and since my boys are now older and have a yaya, I can dress like a lady of leisure.

 



While I have not returned to full force fashionista heel-clicking mode, I thank the fashion goddesses and Tory Burch for making flats fashionable again. While the Sneaker Connossieur in me will never hesitate to splurge for those Adidas Y-3s and Pumas by Alexander van Slobbe and Mihara Yasuhiro, the Preppy in me will forever have Tod’s driving shoes and loafers in my closet, the Lady Who Lunches will keep on collecting those Reva flats, Tod’s Ballerina Dees and Repetto Ballet Slippers and put my best foot forward everytime! - KGG


 









Sources for photos: instyle.com, adidas.com, only-sneakers.ru, stylefeeder.com, toryburch.com

2 comments:

  1. BBBBRRRRAAAAAVVVVOOOO!!!! I look forward to reading your blogs!!! Puts a smile on my gloomy days! Keep it coming KGG!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so happy to hear that! Hope you'll like all our upcoming posts. Keep smiling!!! XOXO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete