Friday, July 23, 2010

We HEART Rainy Days!!!

The Philippines' weather forecast: Now that the Rainy Season has begun, we can say that Summer is officially over...One thing all four of us have in common is a love for rainy days. This is how we stay dry during Manila's wet months....
 
KARISIA

I rainy days...
 



I've always loved reading, but nowadays I find myself whipping out my Spanish grammar workbooks instead. Brushing up on mi Español has become my rainy midnight activity.







And because the gloomy weather makes me want to stay in bed all day, I love lighting my oil burner and filling my room with Body Shop's Satsuma scent. I love, love, love this scent. I also have the soap, the body butter, the shower gel...everything!!!


Just so I don't feel like a total sloth, I try to force myself out of my room sometime during the day. Since I have been TRYING to live as healthy a lifestyle as possible, I have made it my mission to workout, rain or shine. Thus, my Mumsy's treadmill is this season's "frenemy".
 



I have a black Zara asymmetrical cardi that has now become my rainy day staple. It is perfect for curling up in my bed, catching up on shows and surfing the web for things I can only dream of buying.


Ever since Bestie y Bolso Babe Kit (and her adorable brood) gifted me with my very own PINK KitchenAid, my nieces (Feliz Cumpleaños Bambina!!!) and I have declared rainy days as baking days. We love to go on grocery runs for ingredients and trying out new recipes from my growing cookbook collection. While we wait for the goodies to come out of the oven, we sing and dance away to our fave song of the week. Our current combo: Baking Mexican Wedding Cookies to Shakira's Hips Don't Lie.


Sources: greatmodernpictures.com, thebodyshop.co.uk, oneshotfitness.com

KIT

1. I actually like rainy weather. But I hate getting my shoes wet. And even when it rains, Manila weather is just too hot for rain boots. Thank the fashion goddesses for jelly shoes! I love Tory Burch’s Jelly Revas and Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa Three Straps Boreal. Who says you can’t look fab while weathering the stormy season? 





2. I love drinking Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s Moroccan Mint Latte. 
A blend of Moroccan Mint tea, Special Dutch™ chocolate, steamed non-fat milk and foam.



3. There is nothing better than a hot bowl of soup on those rainy days. I really love clam chowder but I have yet to make this from scratch. So in the meantime, Campbell’s Chunky New England Clam Chowder is good enough for me!




4. I am clumsy enough as it is, but more so when I’m carrying an unwieldy umbrella that limits my line of sight. I love the Burberry Clear Panel Bubble Umbrella because I can see where I’m going and the bubble shape keeps me dry. And if you want to be fashionable and charitable at the same time, check out the Hunter for Water Aid version as well. 


5. I love to curl up with a good book, and reading by the window on a rainy day just about does it for me. There is nothing I love more than my Kindle and reading all those classics you never got around to that you can download for free like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Pride and Prejudice, and Crime and Punishment.

Sources: www.melissaplasticdreams.com, coffeebean.com, amazon.com, stylebakery.com
 
JENNY 

Okay, let me start by saying that I LOVE RAINY DAYS... as strange as it may seem, i'm probably one of the few people who actually enjoy rainy days over sunny days... and here are five of the reasons why... 

 

ONE... I get to wear all the sweaters, jackets and scarves I own!
- i am so not a sunny/beach person so i actually have more gloomy rainy weather wear than sun-play-fun wear... I like that I actually get to wear my rainy day garb outdoors, not just indoors like in cinemas or theatres like Meralco or RCBC when i'm in shows and need to keep myself warm backstage. ;P
 

TWO... I look forward to lazing in bed the whole day!
- my inner Garfield gets channeled during rainy days... must be my inner feline coming out making me just wanna lie down, get cozy and get swallowed by my bed. ;)
THREE... Tea, tea and more tea!
- i'm a tea person on any given day, but... rainy days bring out my "tea monster" more than usual... i always keep a stash of assorted teas at home (whenever i go to healthy options i pick a box and try something new)... traditional medicinals rocks! ;)


FOUR... S squared= Soup and Sudoku! - i love love love soup so if it's an uber rainy day and i'm trapped at home, i'll whip up some soup in the kitchen, put it by my bedside and solve some sudoku puzzles... i'm so delayed, i know... sudoku is so a thing of the past, but believe it or not, i just discovered it recently and i'm hooked. ;)

 


FIVE... Last but not the least... I get to use my nice musical notes umbrella! - okay, there's a story behind this one... for years i've been looking around our wonderful country for a nice folding umbrella with musical notes as a design... i finally gave up the local search and decided to order it online a few months back on amazon... and voila, now i have not just one but two unique umbrellas... Yes, two... I keep a spare one at home in case any one of my singing friends who've been eyeing my umbrela successfully gets to make klepto when i'm not looking. ;) 

Sources: www.gap.com, wordpress.com, amazon.com

RORIE

I love gloomy, rainy days. There's just something so relaxing about a dim surrounding and hearing the pitter-patter of rain on a window. Here are the things I love to have around when the sky is grey:


Chocolate Hits the spot every single time. My favorites are the plain Hershey's bar and Teuscher's Champagne Truffles. I can finish them off in one go!

 




Good book I love thrillers, mysteries and horror novels best.


 




Comfy bed Fluffy pillows and fab sheets make me want to stay in bed the whole day.




 








Anokhi nightgown The best!!! Super comfy, inexpensive and the prints are to die for.

 



Being with my fam They are my best friends and the world feels safe and complete when they're around. :)






Sources: www.teuscher.com, inmagine.com, www.anokhi.com, www.natori.com

2 comments:

  1. Excellente Bolso babes!!! Well, apparently, a lot of people like/love rainy days...4 out of 4 of you love it!:) Bravo to your blog!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas Gracias, Mysterious Commenter! Stay warm and dry! XOXO!!! :)

    ReplyDelete