Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Five Minute Face


My early mornings are a mad rush to get out the door. As a Supermom Wannabe of three boys - two in “Big School” and the youngest in preschool, I don’t have the luxury of time when I start my day. All three must be fed, bathed and ready to go by 6:15am or we’ll be stuck in traffic and late for school. Amidst all the “I’m still sleepy” whining and “Five more minutes, Ma” begging, I have to get myself ready.

I used to just shower and go. I say used to because when I caught my reflection in our building’s elevator and wondered who was staring back at me, I knew my twenties and “fresh face” were gone with the wind. Hello, thirties! - and wrinkles, and dark under eye circles, and eye bags, and uneven skin tone, and patchy skin...the list goes on!

I make-up but I really don’t have time for a fully made-up face. While I am the Queen of this Castle, I still serve the King and the Three Musketeers. I NEED to get my game face on in as little time, with as little product as possible! In five minutes - yes, FIVE minutes - I can become polished and presentable, and not feel like a frumpy housewife when I bump into my fashionista friends.



In the shower, I wash my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser. Afterwards, I use Celeteque Oil-Control Toner to exfoliate. Since my skin is so oily, I skip moisturizer during the day and go straight for the sunscreen. Bolso Babe Rorie gifted me with this amazing one from Elizabeth Arden, the White Glove Extreme Brightening UV Protector SPF 50 PA+++. It goes on smooth and doesn’t leave any cake-y white residue like most facial sunblocks. After patting on Kiehl’s Eye Alert, I apply Shu Uemura Pro Concealer 5YR Medium around my eye area and blend. Using Shu Uemura’s Natural 20h brush, I swipe on Smashbox Blush Rush in Paradise that Preview Contributing Editor Agoo Bengzon introduced me to. I shade my eyebrows with Bobbi Brown’s Eye Brow Brush dipped in Club Monaco Eye Shadow in Stone. I finish off with C.O. Bigelow Vitamin Mentha Tinted Lip Balm in Brown Betty Mint, Sephora Lip Gloss in Precious Pink. - KGG

* Photo from strawberrynet.com

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful wonderful blog!!! I could learn a thing or two from you guys!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...Thank you so much, that truly made our week! XOXO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog, kristets! :-) kisses to your 3 musketeers!! see ya on tue!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no one more fresh-faced than you in the fetchers area. Thank you for sharing! Maybe I can give Maybeline a rest and give your goodies a try. JeJeje.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Leigh! See ya!

    Karrots! I swear, you crack me up! And there's no one sexier than YOU in the fetchers area!

    ReplyDelete