Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Second Coming of Style

Hollywood's most fashionable foursome—Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte—are once again sashaying the streets of NY (in their ultra-fab frocks, of course) for the second and highly anticipated installment of Sex and the City. To celebrate the comeback of these famous fashionistas, we decided to dedicate this post to all things SATC: our favorite hunks, quotes, ensembles and episodes that made us laugh, cry, cringe and, most importantly, appreciate our girlfriends all the more.


InStyle's Which SATC Character is Your Style Twin?

 Rorie

I'm a Carrie! I share her love and lust for all things fashion so, yes, I'm happy I got her.
 

Whose closet would I like to have?


Definitely Carrie's closet! 


 My favorite looks are her vintage pieces and when she mixes different prints and colors together. I'd steal these outfits in particular 





My SATC hunk? 


Aidan! Because he has that aw-shucks-cute look AND he was good to Carrie.
 

 
My fave SATC moment? 

The "An American Girl in Paris" episodes! It's my favorite city in the world and Carrie's outfits were AMAZING.
 



 My fave SATC quotes?
 
Carrie: Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.


Carrie: Honey, if it hurts so much, why are we going shopping?
Samantha: I have a broken toe, not a broken spirit.


 Carrie: Here. Swear. Swear on Chanel.





Jenny

Got classic and simple Charlotte... from what I've seen of the series I think it's pretty accurate... minus the abundance of florals and ruffles in my closet...can be a bit of a Miranda sometimes I think. :)




Whose closet would I like to have?


I’d steal the following from The Girls’ closets: 


preppy polo shirts



nice peep toe pumps



simple accessories like a strand of pearls



nice classic hand bags



simple cuts of cocktail dresses


My SATC hunk? 


I'm really not the typical SATC follower, the only guys i remember on the show are Mr. Big and Aidan Shaw and they’re really both not my type. :)
 
My fave SATC moment?


One episode (The Real Me) that stuck in my head is when Carrie pulled herself together in a fashion show mixing supermodels and real people. She tripped on the runway and the voice over after says “I had a choice; I could slink off the runway and let my inner model die of shame, or I could pick myself up, flaws and all and finish. And that's just what I did. Because when real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep on walking.”




My fave SATC quotes?

Carrie: You shouldn't have to sacrifice who you are just because somebody else has a problem with it. 


 
 Karisia
 

I kind of knew I’d get Charlotte.I love her!



Whose closet would I like to have?



I would definitely love to have Charlotte’s closet. 
I love her feminine and romantic style - dresses, ruffles, florals, pinks, pastels, LBDs, LWDs...all of it! 


My SATC hunk? 


No one was ever quite big enough as Big.
 


My fave SATC moment?

I love the episode (The Agony and the 'Ex'-tacy) when nobody shows up for Carrie’s birthday, but when she gets home she sees Big’s car. Their conversation still gives me goosebumps:


Big: Happy Birthday, baby. Get in. 

Carrie: It’s after twelve, you’re late.

Big: Not really, I’m on London time.

Carrie: London is five hours ahead.

Big: In that case, I’m really f***ing late.

And I especially love the “I Heart NY” episode!!! Big, wine, Mancini’s Moon River, a carriage ride through Central Park and a plane ticket to Napa...perfect.
 

My fave SATC quotes?

Carrie: Eventually all the pieces fall into place....until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason.  

Carrie: I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love. 

 
Kit
 
Charlotte. I thought I’d get Samantha because her “devil-may-care” attitude is closer to mine.




Whose closet would I like to have?

 
I’d like to raid all their closets!!!

Carrie’s shoes


Miranda’s corporate wear


Charlotte’s feminine dresses


Samantha’s GNO outfits


and Samantha’s Birkin!

 
My SATC hunk? 

  
Smith!





My fave SATC moment?
 

The last episode (An American Girl in Paris: Part Deux) when Big called Carrie on her cellphone and they showed his name! 



My fave SATC quotes?

I heart New York! :)





* All photos may be found on the net from glamour.com, ew.com, elle.com, orange.co.uk, hbo.com, debutanteclothing.com, instyle.com, fabsugar.com, harpersbazaar.com, marieclaire.com

1 comment:

  1. Do you know to which episode the following quote belongs to: Carrie: Eventually all the pieces fall into place....until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete