Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Detox, Diets, and Other To-Dos

Every first week of January ever since I was a little girl, I would write "My New Year's Resolutions" on my diary. Filled with optimism, I always felt ready to take on the coming year. Alas, come February, I'd find myself breaking every promise I made to myself one-by-one and I'd feel like a complete and utter failure.

This year, I decided to take a lesson from one of our favorite bolso pastime - To-Do lists. (You have to check out http://mommypads.multiply.com for the cutest personalized stationery.) Channeling my bolso babes - Jenny's green notebook, Kit's Starbucks planner, and Rorie's mini vintage pad - I whipped out my pink moleskin (a gift from one of my BFFs - Congratulations, Natchee, on now being a certified yogini!) and jotted down everything I planned to check off by year's end. And like any girl with a new project, I came up with my theme for 2010 - De-clutter!!! I figure, now is the best time to rid myself of negative emotions, dust-gathering junk, and unwanted pounds.

Last week I was definitely a girl on a mission. On Monday, I enrolled in unlimited yoga classes for a month (http://www.pulse-yoga.com) Come Friday, I decided to cleanse my mind even more...so I met up with one of my fave amigas, Lexi, in Fully Booked (or "The Big Bookstore" as we fondly call our usual meeting spot) and left with Meditation Bliss: Inspirational Techniques for Finding Calm.

Being a self-diagnosed insomniac, I have also found my very own on-line support system. In my quest to shed some inches, I have enlisted the help of the following:

http://www.self.com (This site has everything from diets to exercises to even playlists for your ipod! The 2010 Jumpstart Plan is an absolute must.)

http://www.foodnetwork.com (A whole section on Healthy Living...Elie Krieger, you are the Julia to my Julie.)

I have yet to work on my closet - that's a whole other kind of de-cluttering all together, fix my little workplace, and re-decorate my bedroom...But then again, it's only the third week of January and I've already incorporated a 5-minute meditation at day's end. Yup, slowly checking those to-dos...Namaste... - KAB

No comments:

Post a Comment