Monday, February 1, 2010

Best of Beauty Buys

One of the perks of my job as a magazine editor is that I get hundreds of beauty products every year. I have tested all of them and while some have irritated my skin, and others are not worth the price or hype, I’ve discovered some favorites that I always go back to and use till the very last drop:

Shiseido’s The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam – My skin is on the sensitive side so it has been quite a challenge finding the right cleanser. This is super mild, doesn’t dry out my skin and removes every trace of dirt and makeup. Available at Greenbelt 5. Photo from asia.shiseido.com 


La Prairie Anti-Aging Eye Cream SPF15 – Firms, hydrates and protects without that heavy, sticky feel. Quite pricey but at least it saves me a trip to the plastic surgeon in the long run. Available at Rustan’s Makati. Photo from shoplaprairie.com.


Lancôme’s Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover - Non-greasy and removes even waterproof mascara with a few quick swipes. Available at Rustan’s. Photo from lancome-usa.com.




YSL Rouge Volupté # 12 - A bright burgundy that instantly brightens up my face even if I don’t wear anything else. It’s creamy, long-lasting and has SPF 15. Available at Rustan’s Makati. Photo from yslbeautyus.com.

The Body Shop Body Butter - A mega moisturizer that never fails to leave my skin silky soft and smooth. It comes in a variety of scents but my favorites are Mango and Shea. Available at Shangri-La Plaza. Photo from thebodyshop.co.uk.

Shu Uemura Lash Curler - Simply the best in giving oomph-worthy lashes that open and define eyes. Available at Rustan’s. Photo from shuuemura-usa.com.

La Mer The Hand Treatment - One of the biggest beauty mistakes? Neglecting your hands. They are constantly exposed and utilized so they can show signs of aging right away. This is light yet effectively moisturizes and heals parched hands. I use it on my heels and elbows, too! Available at Rustan’s Makati. Photo from cremedelamer.com.

Burt’s Bees Coconut Foot Crème - Dry, cracked heels are never a pretty sight. Slather on this super salve at night, slip on some socks and wake up to spanking new soles in the morning. Available at Beauty Bar. Photo from burtsbees.com.

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer - Has SPF20 and gives sheer, buildable coverage that’s perfect for daily use. Available at Rustan’s. Photo from lauramercier.com.

Pureology Essential Repair System – Strengthens and protects my color-treated hair to prevent it from breaking and fading. Contains no sulfates and salt so it’s gentle to use every day. Available at select salons. Photo from pureology.com.au. - ROC

No comments:

Post a Comment