Thursday, January 14, 2010

On Always Being Ready and Going Green

When I leave my house in the morning, I’m usually out for most of the day. And after being stranded during Ondoy (we, Bolso Babes were stranded overnight in Bellevue Hotel during our first bazaar), I never leave the house without my “go bag”.

I refuse to look like a bag lady lugging my belongings all around town – so I have a separate bag that I take with me, but leave in the car while I run my errands. And what better bag to use than our very own Carry-All (http://www.bolsomanila.com)? I have everything I could possibly need (just in case) arranged neatly in the pockets – toiletries, my Kindle e-book reader, a lightweight wrap for when the air-conditioning is too cold, an extra shirt, my Aquazorb hand towel, my water bottle, all my gadget chargers and sometimes even my laptop.

And speaking of water bottles…I’m guilty of not getting enough water in my system. Having a water bottle helps me remember to get hydrated. I don’t want to add to the environmental problem by consuming too much plastic so I have a personal water bottle that I fill up at home and take with me. After all the diseases and illnesses associated with plastic and aluminum materials, I invested in a stainless steel water bottle. I bought mine at Costco in the States, but Rustan’s recently brought in Klean Kanteen (http://www.kleankanteen.com), the company that made the first food-grade stainless steel hydration bottles on the market. I love, love, love the innovative design and the fact that the bottles are safe, easy to clean and sanitary.

So, I’ve cut out my consumption of plastic bottles – and I’m slowly decreasing my use of plastic bags. My favorite reusable bag is from Mother Earth (http://mamaearth.multiply.com). They have these sturdy, well-made canvas totes that fold into neat little squares you can tuck into your bag for those times when you’re out and suddenly find yourself accumulating things – a.k.a. shopping! Bolso Babe Karisia gave me one with the “For My Hot Mama (Earth)” design. I take it with me everywhere I go! - KGG

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! So happy you love the Mother Earth bag, Kit! I can't wait to get my hands on one of your weekenders or carry-all totes. I sent you a message on FB earlier actually. Love this blog, so fun and entertaining! Keep it up, you have a new fan. :) - Nena

    ReplyDelete