Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lacquer Up!

Summer’s here! And all the trends that the sun brings with it! Color-blocks, sexy sandals, flirty dresses and sky-high wedges! And my favorite accessory for all these? Perfectly groomed nails polished in summer’s hottest hues!
While In Style has some of the most talked-about nail trends for the summer Hot Star Nail Polish Trends, being a morena makes it hard for me to “carry” oranges, purples and greens, so let me share with you some of the shades that I’ll be wearing...







There is nothing better than a pop of color when you hit the beach - and I just love OPI’s Dim Sum Plum. This fun magenta happens to go perfectly with all my beachwear, and looks even better on me once I get my tan going!






There are some outfits that look better with subdued nails, and while going au naturel is an option - I am totally digging butter London’s Yummy Mummy (Thank you Bolso Babe Rorie!) This beige-y nude is anything but boring and flatters all skin tones while showing off some sparkly shimmery splendid when it catches the sunlight.








Here is a red that’s fantastic for summer and beyond! butter London’s Saucy Jack is perfect with my skin color. (Thank you, Bolso Babe Karisia!) If there is one shade I would hoard, it would be this! I also like Deborah Lippmann’s My Old Flame which is a true red that I like to alternate with. Photo from shopperhive.co.uk



I recently discovered Sally Hansen's Mega Shine Extended Wear Top Coat. This top coat does exactly as its name suggests! Mega shine and actually made my manicure last a good 7 days before even minor chipping! If you touch up your manicure with 1 coat of this on Day 5, you could make it last up to 10 days! Can you beat that?! - KGG



No comments:

Post a Comment